Global Hazards of Tobacco and the Benefits of Smoking Cessation and Tobacco Taxes
This chapter of the book Cancer discusses:
- the epidemiology of smoking-attributable diseases,
- smoking and cessation patterns worldwide,
- interventions to raise cessation rates rapidly (including tobacco taxes),
- cost effectiveness of tobacco control,
- implementation of tobacco control interventions.
Read the full chapter here.
Topics: Tobacco use / Prevalence and consumption / Tax levels and structure / Tobacco taxes revenues / Health consequences / Impact on demand / Economic impact of tobacco control / Health care costs / Tax and price / Economic consequences
Topics: Cost-effectiveness / Tobacco use / Prevalence and consumption / Health consequences / Tobacco taxes revenues / Impact on demand / Health care costs / Tax avoidance and evasion / Economic impact of tobacco control / Economic consequences / Impact on the poor / Tax and price / Tobacco control policies and programs / Jobs and productivity
- View all articles, publications, white papers, datasets and more in the research database »